Things I Wish I’d Heard in College
1. Don’t go with the crowd, but do what you need to do and truly enjoy.
“Folly sits at the door of her house
… calling out to those who pass by” (Proverbs 9:14-15).
"Do not fret because of evil men
or be envious of those who do wrong;
for like the grass they will soon wither,
like green plants they will soon die away" (Psalm 37:4).
2. Make decisions you want to live out for 20 years.
“Like a tree planted by streams of water… whatever they do prospers” (Psalm 1:3)
"The truly righteous man attains life,
but he who pursues evil goes to his death." (Proverbs 11:19)
3. Take time for friendships.
“A man who has friends must himself be friendly” (Proverbs 18:24)
4. Learning is really cool—don’t take it for granted.
“We take every thought captive to obey Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:5).
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind" (Matthew 22:37).
5. Work on who you want to be, then on what you want to do
“By the grace of God, I am what I am…” (1 Corinthians 15:10).
Find who You are in Christ
What do you think? Anything you'd add?